So, among a few other supplies I also picked up earth worm castings to make tea to help add some good stuff for the seedlings and a few other plants around the house. After talking with the shaggy greefire dude -- yes dude is the best noun I can think of right now -- I was conviced that my former unmentionable methods of concocting poo tea had room for improvement.
- 1 small bag of poo <-- your choice but I prefer earthworm castings for several reasons including the fact that they have a fairly simple digestive system and add much to the soil. Plus castings just seem less icky, which is a big plus when making tea in a project room in the house.
- 1 5Gallon bucket
- Aquarium air pump with air stone for diffusion
- water filled up to w/in a few inches from the top of the bucket
- molassas for sugar content to help bactria do what they do best make more bacteria
- TIME: 1 day -- that's enough to get the bacterial content up w/o mass murdering the little suckers
Okay so I will say this, I was wasting too much time.
But don't believe my ramblings